A Little More Shakespeare
|Shakespeare’s funerary monument|
- In 1564 John and Mary Shakespeare had a son named William
- His father was a glove maker and his mother was a well off farmers daughter who married beneath her.
- They lived in Stratford-upon-Avon, which is where William the third of eight children was born.
- William married 26-year-old Anne Hathaway at the age of 18 and left for London with his wife to become an actor.
- In London he worked for The Lord Chamberlains Men and later The Kings Men.
- He became a share holder in the Globe Theatre where he worked as an actor and playwright for the majority of his carrier.
- It is unknown exactly how much he wrote, but it is estimated at approximately 37 plays in addition to sonnets and poems.
- He averaged about two plays per year, writing with a quill and paper.
- It is assumed that his first play was Titus Andronicus. It is also assumed his last play was The Tempest or Henry VIII. People are not sure of the order or which came first or last with what he wrote, due to no original copies in existence.None of his works exist in his own writing so it can’t be proven he wrote them.
- Skeptics say that his background means he wasn’t intelligent enough or financially well off enough to have written such great works.
- Some say Sir Francis Bacon write the works. Other names of people who said wrote his plays are; Sir Walter Raleigh, William Stanly, Earl Roger Rutland, and I read once sourced that said Queen Elizabeth.
- These skeptics haven’t proven that he didn’t write them.
- William Shakespeare returned to Stratford-upon-Avon towards the end of his life where he died at the age of 52 in the year 1616.
- Hi grave can be visited at the Holy Trinity Church in Stratford-upon-Avon.
“Good friend for Jesus’ sake forbear, to digg the dust enclosed here, Blessed be the man that spares these stones, And cursed be he that moves my bones.”
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Abandoned Places (7)
- Africa (15)
- Biographies and History (16)
- Books (6)
- Cemeteries (7)
- Europe (56)
- Events (9)
- Ireland (35)
- Isles of The Caribbean (11)
- Motorcycling Life (23)
- Musings (9)
- Nature (3)
- Night Photography (7)
- Photo Challenges (6)
- Photoshop (7)
- Road Tripping (25)
- Shameless Self Promotion (8)
- South America (10)
- The Pacific Northwest (4)
- Travel (57)
- Trial and Error (8)
- Tutorials (29)